Home > Eye Care
At Leverett and Kindler, we are committed to providing individualised care to every single one of our patients.
Our friendly team takes the time to get to know you and will listen carefully to your concerns, needs and preferences in order to provide you with the best possible care.
We are always willing to assist you with all your vision and eye health needs, offering tailored and professional advice and effective solutions to any problems.
We also offer complimentary ongoing adjustments and repairs where possible to each of our customers.
Our Eye Care Services
We provide a range of tailored eye care services designed to make sure that you can see as clearly as possible and that your eye health is maintained for years to come.
- Comprehensive eye examinations which includes using the latest technology such as Optos Widefield Retinal Scans, Ocular Coherence Tomography and Topography Scans.
- Eye care services for children and teenagers including testing for binocular vision conditions and practicing myopia management.
- Eye health management services to manage and treat conditions such as dry eye disease, diabetes, glaucoma, macular degeneration and many more. We often co-manage chronic conditions with local ophthalmologists.
- Prescribing and dispensing spectacles, including customised solutions.
- Contact lens fitting including designs such as hard contact lenses for eye diseases or Ortho-K overnight lenses.
- Referrals for laser refractive surgery where eligible.
What to expect at your first appointment
When you first come to see an optometrist at our practice, you'll have a 40 minute comprehensive consultation and eye examination which includes an eye health check and optical prescription where necessary.
Tests and Diagnostic
We have many tests and diagnostic equipment if further investigation for any eye health concern is needed.
Pick the lens for you
If our tests uncover the need for vision correction, you’ll then be assisted by one of our optical dispensers who will guide you through frame selection and let you know what lenses will be best for you.
Leverett and Kindler is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, ensuring that if there’s a problem with your eyes we’ll detect it as early as possible. Our technology also means we’ll be able to identify your vision requirements as accurately as possible so that your vision is always as good as it can be.
Optos Wide Field Retinal Scan
A high-resolution 200° image in order to ascertain the health of your retina.
Ocular Coherence Tomography (OCT)
To detect and monitor eye health conditions through a 3D scan of the macula and optic nerve.
Topography and Dry Eye Testing
To detect and monitor for conditions that affect the cornea as well as to detect dry eye disease.
Myopia Master - Axial Length Measurement
Measures axial length of the eyeball to assist in monitoring myopia progression.
Part of the testing for glaucoma and other eye health conditions.
Slit Lamp Imaging
To monitor anterior eye conditions including cataracts and corneal pathology.